The Webhook Integration allows you to receive notification callbacks triggered by updates within your IoT in a Box data, alerts and information.
Note: This integration provides both sensor (uplink), gateway(keepalive), and alert events.
- Creating a new Webhook
- Verifying things are working
- Example payloads
Use the following steps to setup your new webhook on the IoT in a Box side.
- Log into your account on the IoT in a Box portal or using the mobile app.
- Select the Integrations option and then select the Webhook integration.
- Enter the following information to complete the integration:
- Name: Enter a name for this integration. In case you have multiple integrations, this will help uniquely identify it in the list.
- Url: Enter the URL that you would like to be called in response to IoT in a Box updates.
- Headers (optional): Enter headers values in query string format, for example: will need to be input like this:X-Api: secret-keyAuthorization: Token
After saving the Integration, you will see it shown in your list of integrations.
- You can then edit the integration to make any changes needed.
- You can also toggle the Integration on/off at any time from here as well. Disabling the integration will stop new data from being sent to the webhook.
You can verify the integration is working by waiting for a new IoT in a Box event (or manually triggering on the device or within the dashboard). As soon as a new event occurs, the webhook will be notified and include the event payload.
You can also use a temporary service, such as RequestBin to get a sense of how things work before integrating payload events into your service.